• Basic Hydrology

  • 05-Sep-2022 to 09-Sep-2022

  • Raipur

  • National

  • Training

  • GW Hydrology

  • CGWB (RGNGWTRI) Smt Sandhya Mohapatra, Scientist-D, RGNGWTRI, Raipur

Overview

To give exposure to various fundamentals of Ground Water.

Objective

Earth is the only known planet in the universe that has water and life. But the distribution of water on the Earth''s surface is extremely uneven. Only 3% of water on the surface is fresh; the remaining 97% resides in the ocean. Of freshwater, 69% resides in glaciers, 30% underground, and less than 1% is located in lakes, rivers, and swamps. With increase in Urbanization, Industrialization and Industrialization the demand of ground Water is increasing day by day. Many part of the world is facing acute water shortages, depleting ground water level and drought. It is high time that we should shift from Ground Water Development to Ground Water Management.

Reference Material