The training module contains the following topics (Theory + Hands on exercise):
• Selection and procurement of satellite data for an irrigation command area
• Satellite data pre-processing
• Satellite data classification techniques for identification of crop area, major crops and crop condition
• Field and ground truth data collection including field visit
• Estimation of crop water requirement
• Performance evaluation based on indices using satellite derived information and field data
In addition, the training programme also includes introduction to remote sensing, image interpretation techniques with hands on exercise; Introduction to GIS, spatial data analysis techniques with hands on exercise; Satellite data products and dissemination; Demo on Bhuvan web services; Demo on India-WRIS.